Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Shoes Condundrum

Let me start off by saying as a female, I am wierd. I HATE buying shoes.  My mother would spend her last pennies of her life not on food but on a pair of shoes. (I love you Mom :)) Also, I really do think they are an investment worth time for the success of your wardrobe.  I am just extremely choosey when buying shoes, and wont spend over $50 for any pair. EVER.  While other fashion trends become increasingly unsuitable (mini jumpsuit anyone?) the right shoes are ageless.

Heels and jeans...I, personally, love love love heels with jeans.  But MAKE SURE YOUR JEANS ARE LONG ENOUGH!!!  Almost any heel will look good with jeans, other than a wedge.  Put the wedges to summer dress use.  A round toe, box toe, peep-hole heel is best for jeans, 3-4 inch heel, have buckles have studs, sling backs, they all look great with a length appropriate jean.  If you have short legs go for a shoe that has a pointed toe, or box tow that is slightly elongated.  Long legs can wear anything.
**No matter how long your legs are, or arent, leg warmers died in the 80s and in dance class.  Let them rest in peace for heaven's sake!** Best heels for jeans I found for short or long legs is at TARGET!! Believe it or not the selection they offered was great!  I paid $17.50 for a pair of black, peep-toe, slingbacks, that go with anything!! Unless its snowing I dont need another pair of black heels.  (Who would wear heels in the snow anyways?)  This picture shows how long jeans should be for your heels unless you are wearing skinny jeans.



"Oh, they are so comfortable though".  Crocs.  They are hideous.  They have a Croc high-heel and its named Tricita. Awesome. They should only be worn if you meet the following requirements:
1.  You are under the age of 5
2.  You are gardening (although I would never garden in them, they have holes where dirt can get in)
3.  You are female.  A grown-ass man should NEVER EVER wear Crocs.
4.  As a good friend told me, matching your significant others Crocs, (I wasnt aware this even occured) makes you a double loser.
Crocs, with all the little charm, stick-ons are needed in dumpsters all over the U.S. This is a Croc epidemic and needs to be brought to attention of every violator.  Please donate your ugly pieces of over-priced rubber to the nearest trash bin! You will be acting for the greater good of humanity!!

Tennis Shoes/Running shoes/Work Out Shoes!!!! In my opinion, the most money should be spent on your workout shoes.  They do more "work" than any other shoe for your feet.You HAVE to be comfortable in them, and they aid in making your whole body look and feel better!!  Thats what this blog is about afterall!  Now clearly I am no runner, I workout maybe 2-3 times a week, but the workout is WAYYYY more effective if I am in my nike jana stars, rather than my crappy no name tennis shoes.  I paid $45.00, 3 years ago for my nikes, and they have held up through a lot.  Sometimes you HAVE to spend a little more for quality, only when it counts, and when it counts to me is tennis shoes!!  I bought my shoes on http://www.zappos.com/ and it looks like they are the cheapest, NEW, ones I have found.

Like I will always tell you, look on craigslist, look on Ebay.  The shoes might be used, but if they look new, and are in great shape, haggle your little self away!  Don't take their first offer, counter that with almost a 1/2 price cut!  I bought a great pair of round toe, wine colored heels for $3.00 because the girl needed money.  Originally she wanted $20 for them.  Be politely aggressive!  Always be polite though...I would jack the price higher if the girl was a diva.  These puppies are my latest STEAL of a buy!! :) There are a few scuffs on the toe but you can't really tell.


I will always love gladiator heels, but I dont think they provide any sense of class.  But they are pretty cute on you long legged, lucky bitches.
**Clear heel=jersey hooker**
When in doubt, wear black pumps.
Xo Cassie

2 comments:

  1. Haha GIRL you are so hilarious! I LOVE love to read this thing1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx soph! I love you updates about Kinzi :) shes perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant to topic. This is my opinion through research and field experiment.